Home   News   Article

Average 32-second wait for callers to Herts County Council’s customer services





Callers to Hertfordshire County Council’s customer service centre wait an average of 32 seconds to be answered.

According to the latest data published by the authority, 81,017 calls were made in the three months from October 1 to December 31 last year. Of those, 75,346 (93%) were answered while the other 5,671 (7%) were abandoned.

There were slight variations in the average wait time for each month: in October it was 34 seconds, in November it was 31 seconds and in December it was 29 seconds.

Stock image by Paul Hanaoka
Stock image by Paul Hanaoka

The data is included in a report for a meeting of the council’s resources and performance cabinet panel on Tuesday (April 16). According to that report, the wait time over the three months was “similar to that of other councils and organisations”.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More