Home   News   Article

Faulty freezer to blame for shed fire in Ugley

More news, no ads


An electrical fault in a freezer caused a shed fire in Ugley early on Sunday (April 25).

Fire and rescue crews from Stansted and Newport were called to an address in Cambridge Road at 5.45am.

In its incident report, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival, crews reported that a shed, measuring 8 metres by 5 metres (26ft x 16ft), was on fire. Firefighters worked to extinguish it by 6.30am.

“Firefighters believe the fire was started after an electrical fault with a freezer stored in the shed.”

The service urges householders to register their electrical appliances for news about safety repairs and product recalls.

To register all of your domestic appliances, old and new, for free, visit the website www.registermyappliance.org.uk, which will make contact in the event of any safety issues.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More