Home   News   Article

Man suffers smoke inhalation and burns to hands after fire in second floor flat in St Michael's Mead



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Firefighters called to a blaze in a Bishop's Stortford flat treated a man for smoke inhalation and burns to his hands.

Both fire engines from Bishop's Stortford and one from Sawbridgeworth were called to a block of flats in Stockmen Field, St Michael's Mead, on Friday (April 29) at 7.22pm.

On arrival, crews found there had been a fire in a second-floor flat which had been put out.

Firefighters ensured the fire was fully extinguished, ventilated the property to remove smoke and provided medical care to a man who was suffering from smoke inhalation and slight burns to his hands.

Crews left the scene of the fire, believed to have been started accidentally, by 9.20pm.

A spokesperson for East of England Ambulance Service said: "An ambulance, three vehicles from the hazardous area response team (HART) and the Essex and Herts air ambulance were sent to the scene, although the air ambulance was quickly stood down.

"A man was transported to Princess Alexandra Hospital [in Harlow] for treatment.”



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More