Gifts, discounts and goodies galore on offer at over 30 shops and services in Bishop's Stortford for late-night Christmas shopping event on Thursday December 2
Shops and services in Bishop's Stortford town centre will open late for Christmas shopping on Thursday evening (Dec 2).
More than 30 retailers will welcome customers until 8pm and a number are offering free gifts, discounts and treats.
The event has been organised by Bishop's Stortford BID (Business Improvement District), which will also be offering free face painting for children in Jackson Square from 2pm to 5pm.
The BID team will also be giving away free tote bags and a late-night shopping guide as well as offering the chance to win one of ten £50 Discover Stortford gift cards.
The evening also features entertainment: music duo Paddy and Lloyd will perform in South Street from 5pm to 7pm and the Gospel Choir and Bishop's Stortford Rock Choir will be singing, while the Woodwind of Stortford band will be in Waitrose.
Special offers include:
- Carla’s Curios & Creations, Church Street – 10% off everything not in the sale already on this day only.
- Coco’s, Palmers Lane – free Heyland and Whittle bath bomb (worth £4) when spending £25 in store. Chocolate samples.
- Hair by Elements, South Street – serving drinks and nibbles, giving goodie bags with every purchase and offering 10% off all retail including Christmas gifts. Selected items receive a gift with purchase.
- Halo Beauty, Riverside Walk – enjoy a glass of mulled wine, Buck’s Fizz and mince pies. Caudalie skincare samples available and a raffle to win a luxury skincare hamper worth £500.
- Heads You Win, Church Street – free Christmas gift to anyone who books in from 5pm to 8pm and a glass of Prosecco to recover from the shopping.
- Mountain Warehouse, Potter Street – extra 20% discount between 4pm and 8pm.
- Ruby Room, South Street – Prosecco, gin and tonic and soft drinks from 6pm.
- Unique Hairdressing & Barbers, Bridge Street – enjoy a glass of bubbly in the glamorous cocktail bar. Any bookings taken that night will receive a Christmas goodie bag.
- Urban Spa, Devoils Lane – serving drinks and nibbles, giving goody bags with every purchase and offering 10% off all retail including Christmas gifts. Selected items receive a gift with purchase.
- Waitrose, Northgate End – festive tastings, Christmas trail for children. Grove Cottage volunteers will be bag packing and collecting for the charity. Santa and his helper will be greeting shoppers.
Shops opening late include:
- Blink Gifts
- Carla’s Curios & Creations
- Claire’s Accessories
- Click Click
- Crew Clothing
- Elements Home & Garden
- Fashion Interiors
- Fat Face
- Hair by Elements
- Halo Beauty, including Karen Ashton Massage Therapy
- Heads You Win
- Olyra Greek Bakehouse (formerly Hellenic Bakeries Herts)
- Marks & Spencer (until 7pm)
- Mr Simms
- Mountain Warehouse
- New Look
- Alessandro di Leo Pasticceria
- Ruby Rooms
- St Clare Hospice Book Shop
- Stock Florist
- The Entertainer
- Unique Hairdressers & Barbers
- Urban Spa