Home   Sport   Article

All the latest youth football reports from Bishop's Stortford Community Football Club and Real Stortford

More news, no ads


Adam Blair-Park scored twice to guide Bishop's Stortford Community Football Club under-18 Rovers to a 3-0 success at Wodson Park in the last eight of the Mid-Herts Rural Minors League, Division Two Cup.

Goalkeeper Monty Lawrence was called upon to make two fine saves before Rovers began to assert themselves and Bryn Henriques, Blair-Park and Cameron Street all had efforts on goal.

The visitors broke the deadlock after the break when Spencer Earthy, who had been brought down, swung in a free kick which Blair-Park controlled and slotted home.

Rovers began to dominate as Earthy and Billy Martin went close while defenders Fergus Shinnick and man-of-the-match Ethan Wildman kept the back door firmly locked.

The away side doubled their lead when the returning Jack Frings netted acrobatically at the far post from Charlie Fisher's corner.

And Frings then claimed a fine assist as he took out three defenders with a clever pull back for Blair-Park to tap in his second.

Lewis Richards notched a stunning last-minute winner as under-15 Wanderers triumphed 3-2 at Baldock Town Lancers in Royston Crow League, Division Three.

He found the net with a 40-yard free kick to add to earlier efforts from Toby Barnes and Josh Smith.

Centre-backs Charlie Cappucini and James Mills shared the man-of-the-match plaudits.

Seth Sheldrake salvaged a dramatic point for unbeaten leaders under-16 Saints as their late show earned a 2-2 draw against Hoddesdon Town Blacks in MHRML Division Two.

After an even and goalless first half, Hoddesdon took the initiative at the start of the second period and scored twice in quick succession.

Man-of-the-match Jake Painter made a series of decisive interventions to prevent Hoddesdon putting the game to bed as Saints spent long periods on the back foot.

But they never gave up hope and the turning point came with just five minutes remaining when the Hoddesdon goalkeeper was sent off for clattering into Harrison Walker just outside the penalty area.

Ollie Green smashed the resulting free kick into the roof of the net and Sheldrake then ensured Saints remained undefeated with a smart finish at the death.

The under-13 girls suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat at Broxbourne United Pinks in the group stage of the Hertfordshire Girls Football Partnership League Cup.

Kiera Hider had the best chance of the first half when she showed great strength and determination to break through the defence, but her shot went agonisingly wide of the target.

Stortford fell behind 10 minutes after the interval when an opponent converted from close range after the ball had fallen kindly to her from a corner.

The away side had a great chance in added time to force a penalty shootout, but were unable to punish a goalkeeping error.

Mackenzie Lewin continued his hot streak with another well-taken goal in Real Stortford under-16 Bulls' 2-1 defeat at Risden Wood in Mid-Herts Rural Minors League, Division Three.

The visitors faced some intimidating tactics, but they battled hard and conducted themselves in the right manner throughout.

Lesharn McManus-O'Connell was man of the match again as Bulls lost out to a dubious penalty.

Under-17 Falcons were also unhappy with penalty decisions as they went down 5-3 at Bury Rangers Blacks under-18s in Under-18 Division Four.

The visitors conceded two spot kicks, one of which was awarded while a Falcons player had been on the deck for 30 seconds having sustained a head injury after colliding with a goal post.

Aaron Spencer, Daniel Alaezi and man-of-the-match Graham Humphries, who scored a superb free kick, were on target for Falcons.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More