Home   Sport   Article

Bishop's Stortford Community Football Club under-14 Athletic thrash Manuden in Royston Crow League

Jake Doree, Finn Slater and Johnny McNamara all claimed trebles to guide Bishop's Stortford Community Football Club under-14 Athletic to a commanding 12-0 win at Manuden.

AJ Chapman, Sean Camp and Ant Croydon added to those hat-tricks in the Royston Crow Youth League, Division One contest.

Alisha Maxin had the final word as the under-18 girls won a seven-goal thriller with Bury Rangers in Hertfordshire Girls Football Partnership League, Division Two.

BSCFC under-12 Athletic (27206843)
BSCFC under-12 Athletic (27206843)

Bury started the better and took a deserved two-goal lead, but Ella Fobbester, who had already gone close, got a quick-fire double to make it all square.

Stortford then created the better chances, but it was Bury who scored the game's next goal to lead at the break.

The match was level again early in the second half when Maxin, Alice Scott and Emily Watkins were all involved in creating an opening for Grace Arnold, who smashed the ball in from six yards.

Ella Nicholls then produced a brilliant full-length save to thwart Bury before Fobbester was somehow denied her hat-trick at the other end.

However, it was to be Stortford's day as Maxin scored with an unstoppable effort from 10 yards to make it 4-3.

Jess McCrae helped herself to a hat-trick as the under-12 girls triumphed 4-0 at Bedwell Rangers Phoenix to maintain their 100% record in Division Three.

The leading scorer was joined on the score sheet by Anna Baros as the side bounced back from the previous week's cup defeat to Watford.

Stortford created excellent chances throughout and the defence, marshalled by the consistent Abigail Jones, was nice and solid.

Under-12 Athletic recorded a hard-fought 3-0 victory over Welwyn Garden City Cyclones in Mid-Herts Rural Minors League, Division Seven.

They kicked uphill in the first half and made the breakthrough after 15 minutes when Mike Payne converted after a spell of pressure.

Athletic continued to press their opponents and doubled their lead just before half time as Nicolai Popov wriggled through to score in a congested box.

Excellent defending by Lewis Williams and good goalkeeping by Rory Hanson kept Welwyn at bay after the break and Nate Brand's endeavour was rewarded with the game's final goal.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More